Hello! I'm using OSX 10.9 and have installed gpg (and gpg2, if it matters) through homebrew and git-annex through cabal. I also installed https://github.com/joeyh/git-remote-gcrypt like the UI told me.

Whenever I'm trying to add an encrypted remote through the web UI I get a lot of "You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for user:" on stdout and, obviously, I can't enter my passphrase (If I could I wouldn't make this post to begin with :)) Is this behavior normal? What should I do to work around it? I did also try to not use the web UI by using this command: git annex initremote rsync.net type=gcrypt gitrepo=user@host:directory encryption=pubkey keyid=X

Because of this I can't copy files to my remotes. All I get is:

$ git annex copy --to rsync.net copy MySecretFile (gpg) You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for user: "user" 4096-bit RSA key, ID X, created 2013-10-01 (main key ID Y)

(checking rsync.net...) (to rsync.net...) gpg: no valid addressees gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No user ID

failed

Yes, I am using gpg-agent. When other applications ask for my passphrase I get the pinentry dialog from GPGTools, just like I've configured it in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf, but this isn't the case with git-annex.

If I remove GPGTools from /usr/local/bin with: ``brew link --overwrite gnupg && brew link --overwrite gnupg2'' it works slightly better.

I get that pinentry dialog I want but when I do a copy I get:

$ git annex copy --to rsync.net copy MySecretFile (gpg) (checking rsync.net...) (to rsync.net...) gpg: no valid addressees gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: no such user id

failed

--debug shows me it is executing gpg llke so:

gpg ["--batch","--no-tty","--use-agent","--quiet","--trust-model","always","--batch","--encrypt","--no-encrypt-to","--no-default-recipient","--force-mdc","--no-textmode"]

$ git annex version git-annex version: 4.20131024 build flags: Assistant Webapp Pairing Testsuite S3 WebDAV FsEvents XMPP DNS Feeds Quvi TDFA CryptoHash key/value backends: SHA256E SHA1E SHA512E SHA224E SHA384E SKEIN256E SKEIN512E SHA256 SHA1 SHA512 SHA224 SHA384 SKEIN256 SKEIN512 WORM URL remote types: git gcrypt S3 bup directory rsync web webdav glacier hook

$ gpg --version gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.22 libgcrypt 1.5.3 Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Home: ~/.gnupg Supported algorithms: Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ?, ? Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256 Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224 Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

$ gpg-agent --version gpg-agent (GnuPG/MacGPG2) 2.0.22 libgcrypt 1.5.3 Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

done