Two more days working on v6 and the
smudge branch is almost ready to be
merged. The test suite is passing again for v5 repos, and is almost
passing for v6 repos. Also I decided to make
git annex init create v5
repos for now, so
git annex init --version=6 or a
git annex upgrade
is needed to get a v6 repo. So while I still have plenty of todo items for
v6 repos, they are working reasonably well and almost ready for early
The only real blocker to merging it is that the database stuff used by v6 is not optimised yet and probably slow, and even in v5 repos it will query the database. I hope to find an optimisation that avoids all database overhead unless unlocked files are used in a v6 repo.
I'll probably make one more release before that is merged though. Yesterday
I fixed a small security hole in
git annex repair, which could expose the
contents of an otherwise not world-writable repository to local users.
BTW, the 2015 git-annex user survey closes in two weeks, please go fill it out if you haven't yet done so!