I am trying to synchronize "Linux Workstation" and "Android Tablet" with annex assistant through RSync remote and my google account.
I keep failing horribly I followed http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/remote_sharing_walkthrough/, but I seem to either do the steps in wrong order, because I never managed to materialize the files on my Android device.
Steps went thusly:
- L) install annex on linux and run assistant and select repository dir
- L) add rsync remote, set folder to android_docs
- L) add jabber account -> I see progress bars and it seems to sync just fine
- A) install annex on android, specify repository
- A) add the "share with other devices repository"
- A) login with my google account
- A) sync fails because I am on failing wifi network
- A) try to add RSync remote, accidentaly specify annex folder
- A) realize mistake, try to remove rsync repo
- A) hangs on "cleaning step"
- A) battery dies
- A) charge battery, start android, move to functional wifi network
- A) start annex assistant, hangs in terminal (don't remember error message :-/)
- A) remove repo folder from android, remove annex,download apk again, reinstall
- A) run annex, select folder, add the "share with other devices repository", login with google account
- L) See fail syncing on linux "fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."
- A) android seems that it finished syncig, asks for remote repository
- A) specify my rsync account with correct folder "android_docs"
- A) Could not resolve hostname git-annex-$servername-$username$port$directory
I am starting to thing, that randomly creating and removing repositories is not the way forward, so I'd like to get to clean state and redo my setup