I'm trying to figure out if git-annex can be used for the following use case:
- 2 repos in direct mode A and B
- A is on a local filesystem, B could be a NFS mountpoint or ssh
- B contains a number of toplevel directories, A contains a subset of those
- For the subset in A all changes in those directories that happen on A or B should be synced automatically between both repos, including file removals.
- A can decide to not carry a toplevel dir any more, but it must still exist in B.
- A can copy new toplevel dirs from B and those should be synced from then on.
I've been looking at the docs and played with two test repos, but I cannot seem to make the above work. To me it looks like I would need a possibility include/exclude paths from syncing via a regex.