So much time gone by after the kickstarter and now I wanted to give it a kick finally. I set up everything on my linux desktop with no problems at all.
I configured a ssh remote with shared encryption key.
Then I tried to use this to share files with a windows Desktop. This is where problems started.
- Since there is no jabber sync I need to exchange keys manually. But although I read and googled for hours I just found that it would be there in the git repo somewhere in plain text. I didnt find a command to actually display it on the command line.
- I need to setup the (existing) ssh remote on windows manually, because I could not make the webapp recognize the ssh-keys from pageant. Also, unfortunately, all examples refer to s3. I didnt even find out which type I had to specify. There seems to be no comprehensive list of repository types for the cmdline and their required arguments respectively at all. The man page says "type=..." for the three-line description of shared encryption setups which appeared like a mockery to me. Since the remote does not have git metadata I also can not use git clone.
- The docs say initremote would only be used on fresh remotes, not existing ones. But enableremote only enables remotes that are already configured. So what am I to do here?
Could someone tell me please
- How to find the shared key
- How to add the ssh remote properly
- Where 1 and 2 are documented