I have a question about encryption keys. Basically I do not know how to use the data which was copied in case my local machine dies?
I have done the following:
- copied my ssh public key to a remote server
created a directory and started git annex assistant
git annex webapp
clicked Repository->Add another local repository
- Assistant: Where do you want to put this new repository? Me: ~/test_annex "Make Repository"
- Assistant "Combine repositories?" Me: "Keep repositories separate"
- clicked "Add another repository" clicked "remote server"
- filled out "Adding a remote server using ssh" form and clicked "Check this server"
- choose "Use an encrypted rsync repository on the server"
- Assistant "Repository created" I select "Full backup" as repository group.
So far so good. If I now add a file on my local machine into ~/test_annex something not human readable is created on the remote machine.
What I do not understand is how I use this backup later. I am expecting something along the "hybrid encryption keys" scheme explained in this wiki. However I was not able to determine which of my gpg keys was used or how the data was encrypted.
So my question is: "How do I use the encrypted backup remote on a second machine?"