I'm trying to follow the steps of the "walkthrough" but I'm experiencing the following issue: when I sync one repository and do "git annex get ." I don't get the files from the other repository. Here is the transcript of the steps I followed - I've put them in a script (ga.sh) so I can replay them and show them on the shell while executing. Basically I have two repositories, "/tmp/a/annex" and "/tmp/b/annex", the second cloned from
the first. All the other steps are the same as in the walkthrough.
bash -x ga.sh + cd /tmp + mkdir a + mkdir b + cd a + mkdir annex + cd annex + git init Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/a/annex/.git/ + git annex init a init a ok (Recording state in git...) + cd /tmp/b + git clone /tmp/a/annex Cloning into 'annex'... done. warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
- cd annex
- git annex init b init b ok (Recording state in git...)
- git remote add a /tmp/a/annex
- cd /tmp/a/annex
- git remote add b /tmp/b/annex
- dd if=/dev/urandom of=first bs=1024 count=1 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 1024 bytes (1.0 kB) copied, 9.9167e-05 s, 10.3 MB/s
- dd if=/dev/urandom of=second bs=1024 count=1 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 1024 bytes (1.0 kB) copied, 0.000241635 s, 4.2 MB/s
- git annex add . add first (checksum...) ok add second (checksum...) ok (Recording state in git...)
- git commit -am added [master (root-commit) 5078564] added 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+) create mode 120000 first create mode 120000 second
- git mv first e
- mkdir x
- git mv second x
- git commit -m moved fix x/second ok (Recording state in git...) [master 422492d] moved 3 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) rename first => e (100%) delete mode 120000 second create mode 120000 x/second
- cd /tmp/b/annex
- git annex sync a
(merging origin/git-annex into git-annex...)
(Recording state in git...)
ok git-annex: no branch is checked out
- git annex get .
The last "git annex get ." does not retrieve the files in /tmp/a/annex ... why? I guess the issue starts when cloning /tmp/a/annex where no commit was done.
PS: I'm using git v22.214.171.124 (ubuntu 12.04) and the latest git-annex static binary downloaded a few minutes ago from the git-annex website.