I have made a small script to fetch a specific set of songs from a playlist. It just iterates through a M3U playlist and makes sure that git-annex has a copy of every file in the list.
anarcat@angela:Music1$ ~/bin/get-playlist -p1 -v ~/playlists/Favoris.m3u git-annex: Bach/Unknown Album/Concerto for 2 Violins in D.mp3 not found git-annex: get: 1 failed git annex failed to get Bach/Unknown Album/Concerto for 2 Violins in D.mp3 (originally espresso/Bach/Unknown Album/Concerto for 2 Violins in D.mp3) get Groovy Aardvark/Oryctérope/05 - Téléthargique.flac (from marcos...) SHA256E-s26735079--13c04501b9c6fa5ddda02438484d569f4d3d9b1f0bcdd8740f3b927ab756c968.flac 26,735,079 100% 10.00MB/s 0:00:02 (xfr#1, to-chk=0/1) (checksum...) ok Groovy Aardvark/Oryctérope/05 - Téléthargique.flac [...] merge git-annex ok
I use this to synchronize specific playlists to my phone, instead of the whole music collection, because of the limited space of the device.
The source is AGPL and available in my personal git repository. Unfortunately, it is written in Python and can probably not be merged into git-annex, but since it is so specific, I figured it wouldn't be anyways. -- anarcat