The git-annex Windows port is not ready for prime time. But it does exist now! --Joey
- Does not work with Cygwin's build of git (that git does not consistently support use of DOS style paths, which git-annex uses on Windows). Must use the upstream build of git for Windows.
- rsync special remotes are known buggy.
- Bad file locking, it's probably not safe to run more than one git-annex process at the same time on Windows.
- Ssh connection caching does not work on Windows, so
git annex gethas to connect twice to the remote system over ssh per file, which is much slower than on systems supporting connection caching.
git annex watchworks, but does not detect when files are still open for write as they're being added (no lsof)
git annex assistanthas not been tested, is probably quite incomplete. Is known to not download any files. (transferrer doesn't built yet)
- Webapp builds (but not yet on the autobuilder), but at least in my tests, connections to it fail and it crashes. Seems to be a general warp bug; https://github.com/yesodweb/wai/issues/202 TODO: test on other windows systems